St. Joseph of the Lakes is committed to providing a variety of formation programs and events to support parents/adults and children in their life long faith development. Children enrolled in Faith Formation programs experience Christ in each other and learn firsthand what it means to be part of a vibrant faith community that is a prophetic presence in our community and in the world. We are committed to supporting adults, children and teens at all stages of their lifelong faith journey. We strive to build a strong partnership with parents as they live out their role as the primary faith formers of their children.
Please refer to and/or make a copy of the Faith Formation Family Handbook.
An essential part of our programming is to provide parents, children and teens opportunities to live out the justice and charity challenges of our Catholic faith. The following are some of these outreach experiences:
- Summer mission trips for middle and high school teens
- Summer Stretch, a one week Summer program for middle and high school teens from area churches to gather in worship, community service, and fellowship
- Encourage all young people and adults to bring food items to church each Sunday for the Centennial Food Shelf
- Trick-or-Canning fall teen food collection for the Centennial Food Shelf
- Financial support of four children living in Dorie's Promise orphanage in Guatemala
- Participation in the 'shoebox' collection for children at St. Joseph's Home, in the collection of baby clothes and other items for Dorie's Promise in Guatemala and in the purchase of toys for the children of White Earth Reservation
- Packing food for Feed My Starving Children
- Lending a helping hand at Loaves & Fishes and St. Joe's Fair Trade Markets
Please contact the parish office at (651) 784-3015 for more information.